Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Mooka Magic!

I have a lot of chalkboard space in my studio and sometimes I like to do monotangles on it.
When I first tried Mooka I found it to be quite the struggle, and then after a great deal of practice and patience, I found my groove with it.
Now... Mooka is a favorite.

The nice part about playing with patterns on chalkboards is I can try variants and it gives me a nice flow for when I teach. (My tangling on a bigger surface is never as neat as on tiles. I'm a tile girl)

No shading on this though if I'd had another color of chalk handy I could have.

Do you have tangles you practice over and over? Were they ones you loved from the start or ones that have grown on you?


4 comments:

  1. I love just playing with tangles. No favourites, just random play.
    Oh, by the way, I launched my first colouring book today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of practicing on a chalkboard. I think I an going to try it. How do you keep from smearing it with your hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just careful to not drag my hand through the chalk :)

      Delete