Thursday, July 2, 2015

Simple Mandala

There is a great deal of beauty in simple lines.

I'm reminded of that often when I tangle.
The other day I bought new pens (I know.. shocker... lol) and they're really cool and I've been trying to figure out how I wanted to play with them.


They're pretty cool... but they effect is... distinct and I was afraid it might be too much, so I thought I'd try them on a black Zendala tile and I opted to go with a very simple repetitive line as my pattern.

Sadly, the pen effect is kind of lost on the tile... so I'll continue to try, I think a smoother paper might give me a better result. It's there, it's very subtle but you can't see it in the photograph at all.

It's ok though because I really do love the look I achieved with just lines anyway.


I have decided, for personal reasons that July is RAK month.
I encourage all of you to complete a random act of kindness as often as you can this month. :)
I believe kindness encourages creativity as well as makes the world a better place.

I hope your day is awesome!


1 comment:

  1. Those pens are cool, and I love your mandala. Sometimes we get caught up thinking that artwork has to be complex to be good. Simple designs can be awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete