Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Jewelry time! plus... SIX WHOLE MONTHS!

I have been asked to create something that I could put in local shops or to have on hand to sell and because most of my work is custom created, it can be hard to create and stock inventory.
So I tried something new. I was inspired by a fellow CZT who I admire a lot, she made the cutest thing and I had to try it myself!


First I took cotton fibers and combined them to create a very sturdy, very pretty paperlike material.

Then I cut and carved it into shapes by hand and created these.
I've made a bunch of different ones but I think these are my favorites






I'm really pleased with how these turned out. 


Today marks 6 months complete in our challenge. We are halfway there!
So, in honor of that I am giving away a pair of earrings done in this style (with your choice of patterns) or a pendant, chain not included)
You must comment on the blog to be entered though!

6 comments:

  1. I love the earrings - something else for my "ideas to try" list. Long long list.
    My artwork today is a special one. It's a digital painting featuring a photo of my grandmother from the 1920s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome!!!! My Gram has been on my mind a lot lately. :) I should think about doing something to incorporate something of her into my art. <3
    Can you believe we're halfway through the year?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's crazy. The digital art class with Robin Mead has been so inspiring! And I'm taking another Gelli printing class with Joanna Grant starting in a couple of weeks. Woot!

      Delete
  3. I adore those earrings! they are so pretty. I have seen some of those types done on shrink plastic, but these are much nicer. Probably won't post today's art work til tomorrow. It is very stormy here so I won't have our computer on. It is all done though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely earrings and pendant ! Using paper-like material was brilliant !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great earrings. I love your use of the cotton fibers to make thick paper. My friends and I were going to sign up for a class to make zentangled jewelry in Nov but the class that was suppose to cost $50 ended up costing $150 because the conference organization tacked on $100 conference fee? Heavy sigh.

    ReplyDelete