Saturday, August 16, 2014

Sorry, sorry, I know it's been 9 days.

I promise to get back to blogging, it's hard in the summer, the kids are home and want to hang out, there is hula hooping to be done, Doctor Who marathons to have, you know, STUFF!

School goes back in just over 2 weeks here so I think I'm going to launch a back to school contest when it does and I hope you'll participate. Anyone want to help get the word out because I think people aren't looking cause I've been so quiet!
Template will be here next week as well.
The good news is that my Etsy shop has been busy, so.... I have been funneling my creativity there, because well... paying customers, but I don't want to neglect all my creative friends either I just haven't gotten here. I'll do better!

I don't really know how to bring it up but I think it's important to talk about, I haven't felt very chatty because
I was really saddened by the passing of Robin Williams. I've never cried over a celebrity death before, but this one hit me harder than I like to admit. I admired him greatly, he actually met (albeit briefly) and was very kind to a close friend of mine once and on a different occasion to someone I'd gone to school with. What that tells me is that in addition to the loss of an amazing entertainer, the world lost a good man, and that's something that we should all feel.

My hope in the this is that it does open up some honest conversations about depression and suicide.
That it will encourage people to realize that it isn't a selfish act, that it is a desperate act of someone who is very tired of living in pain.
Check in on those you love and if you need help, please reach out.

You'll be missed Genie. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment