Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Shameless Self Promotion Tuesday!

I don't know if I've shared this, because the original purpose of my blog was to keep myself creating, not to self-promote. Today I'm going to break that rule, because, well..I'm trying to get my Etsy shop really going somewhere. I don't know if any of you knew that, so I'm trying to spread the word about my shop but I don't want to be all spammy on here so I'm going to try and limit how often I talk about selling stuff. I'm always going to share my artwork, because it's what I do, and this blog is ABOUT my creative process, but I don't want to constantly be asking you to come buy things from me.


Today though, I am going to ask if you don't already, if you'd consider liking my facebook page, and if you are an etsy shopper if you would consider clicking "Favorite" on my shop. Also, if you wouldn't mind passing my link along to anyone you think would enjoy my artwork I'd really appreciate it.
I have added a few things and I hope you like them.
  • Shops with more "favorites" are much more likely to get hits, hits equal sales and sales mean that I have more money to buy more art supplies which keeps me happy. 
  • These kids of mine... sheesh, they are all about the eating. Did you know that a 13 year old boy can eat ENTIRE pizzas in one sitting? That makes them hard to keep in pizza so pizza money is helpful!
  • I like seeing my artwork on people, or in their homes or anywhere really. It makes me happy. 
Ok, so that's that. 
Here are my links, gonna make this super easy! 

I don't know how to use Tumblr, but my daughter is going to teach me, she said that especially my nerdy stuff needs to be on there. So, that'll be another project for another day. 


Now, I'm going to open my blog up to all of you today. Post in the comments. PLEASE!
Go ahead. Promote yourself. Tell us why you rock. Share your blog, pinterest, your instagram, your etsy, your facebook page, your twitter, your EVERYTHING! And then go look at what else has been shared, there are some amazingly creative people that visit my blog. Maybe they have something you want, maybe they will turn into a friend, maybe it's raining and your house too and you could use a fun day of looking at creations!

Spammy isn't always bad. 

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you did a promo! I enjoyed reading it very much since I am trying to some what the same thing. I would love to retire from teaching - one day - and still be able to eat. I have started with products over at Fine Art America. Check it out at cathy-cusson.fineartamerica.com and let me know if you think it looks okay. Any tips for starting on Etsy? I have looked at Zazzle, but not gotten going there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post I enjoy seeing what/where others are offering their art - you never know when you will come across the perfect item you just have to have or a great gift. I'm in the process of setting up shop on Art Fire not quite ready to view so for now folks can find me on my blog at http://tinkeredart.blogspot.com. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete