Wednesday, May 14, 2014

All the way to L...

I've mentioned a couple times how busy the weeks have been but I also realized I forgot to wish everyone Happy Mother's day! I did get the chance to make my mom a card. Here it is. (It's ok.. .I already gave it to her so it's ok if I show you!)
I do hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day!!!



Now... On to the Tackle it Tuesday challenge!
This week's challenge was L tangles. I looked at Tangle Patterns and instantly thought "OH! There are a lot of them! I'm going to create a string with TONS of spots! And I did.  I was almost sorry I had because this took forever and the kids started begging for food.... but.... then I was glad I did because I ended up with THIS!



And I love it! I love lacing as the string and I just think it's something completely different and other than the few minutes of "what tangles am I going to still use" and "am I ever going to finish this one?I'm hungry!" thoughts I did enjoy doing it!

The tangles I used for this one were (I'll go left to right, top to bottom)

  • Lacing- as my string
  • Leaflet
  • Lazy Eights
  • LinQ
  • Longwood
  • Lanterns
  • LilyPads
  • Lichen
  • Luv-A
  • LoobyLoo
  • LLilly
  • LaBel
  • Lacy
  • Lines
  • Lukiline
  • Linked
  • Lace Curtains


I didn't do much shading on the background patterns or even a lot of embellishment because it was already pretty busy, but I think shading ONLY the lacing gave it a nice depth.

Now, to figure out what to do next... Hmmmm... so many blank surfaces.

4 comments:

  1. Love your tile! I love the way you crossed Laced/Lacing! I am glad I am not the only one who started getting wild with the amount of tangle patterns they used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tangles of choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of 'L' tangles!! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fantastic. I often worry mine are too busy too but this is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete