Thursday, April 10, 2014

Some new tangles...

This is one of Erin's (from The Bright Owl) older challenges. This was number 8 and the challenge was to use tangles starting with
L
O
V
E

Well.. I realized i didn't know many tangles that started with some of those letters. So time to try some new ones!

For L: Laced
For O: Ornamato (A favorite ... I think it looks like jewelry but I never use it)
For V: This was my biggest struggle. I couldn't find anything I felt "fit" with these other tangles that started with V. Finally, I went with a new one, Verdigogh and I really like it, but I'm not sure I love it on here. I'm going to make it a goal to use it a few times in the next few weeks to really get a feel for it.
For E: Another one I wasn't sure what to use, but I found embellish and it looks like it was made to go with Laced!

This was fun, I need to do a few more with only a handful of tangles, they come together so fast and I'm almost always happy with them.
(My shading could be better... but next time)

Something fun I posted on my instagram but didn't post on here til today. I got a new sketchbook the other day, and I put this on the cover. It's not really a tangle, but it works for me. I sometimes need the reminder.

In case anyone is interested, I really like the new sketchbook. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to use it for sketching in or for cataloging tangles... mostly I just hold it and look at the perfectly crisp and blank pages. I'm such a nerd. :D
Here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment